- Deep breathing
- A hot shower
- Listening to relaxing music
- Watching/listening to ASMR videos
- Drinking water
- Spend lots of quality time with my boys
- Be as spiritual as possible
- Eat well
- Exercise regularly
- Make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Help others make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Spend time with people who care about me
- Avoid negative people
- Get plenty of sleep
- Getting plenty of sleep
- A window I can open and close
- A flushing toilet
- Warm clothes
- Mild weather
- A bed to sleep on
- Warm blankets
- Hot and cold running water
- The Internet
- Video cameras
- Still cameras
My five-year-old sleeps in my wife’s bed. He has for a few months now.
He goes to sleep a lot earlier than she does.
He always wants someone to be with him.
My wife is usually busy with homework.
I don’t mind laying down with him. Most nights that’s what I do.
The other night I was laying down with him. I was rubbing his hair.
My mind kept wandering. I reminded myself that my time with my boys is short. I tried to stay focused on being with him.
I realized there wasn’t anywhere else I wanted to be right then.
What better place could there be?