- Not feeling sad/depressed
- Being able to lay down
- Knowing the dizziness will pass
- Being able to look up symptoms
- Not being alone
- Toilet paper
- Liquid soap
- A little water won’t hurt me
- Third chances, fourth chances, etc.
- This isn’t going to kill me
- A bed to sleep on
- Warm blankets
- Hot and cold running water
- The Internet
- Video cameras
- Still cameras
My five-year-old sleeps in my wife’s bed. He has for a few months now.
He goes to sleep a lot earlier than she does.
He always wants someone to be with him.
My wife is usually busy with homework.
I don’t mind laying down with him. Most nights that’s what I do.
The other night I was laying down with him. I was rubbing his hair.
My mind kept wandering. I reminded myself that my time with my boys is short. I tried to stay focused on being with him.
I realized there wasn’t anywhere else I wanted to be right then.
What better place could there be?